Pretex used for Cyclic Navigator maps
Pretex is top of the line waterproof used extensively for orienteering in Europe. First used in Cyclic Navigator #4and now a welcome return for organisers and riders.
If you don’t have a mapboard, you will not need a ziplock bag for the map. If you do have a mapboard, even driving rain (not forecast) will not ruin it.
So, one less thing to worry about.
Pretex characteristics for the enquiring mind
Like many synthetics;
- Pretex will tear in one direction but only if nicked and forced.
Unlike most synthetics;
- Pretex folds nearly as easily as paper.
- Pretex does appear to absorb water but it is still eminently usable and readily dries.
- Pretex is wood fibre as well as synthetics, hence its performance close to paper.
- Pretex holds digital press toner extremely well.
Details of the map will be covered in following posts.